The Staff Accountant is responsible for the processing of client accounting data while ensuring proper internal controls over client assets, and tracking collection of receivables and timely payment of obligations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the accounting operations within the organization. Continually improve business processes to ensure best practices. Obtain a working knowledge of accounting software packages.
- Process client cash receipts, accounts receivable invoices, payroll, and accounts payable on a recurring basis.
- Maintain client accounts payable files.
- Gather necessary information and process client year end 1096 and 1099 forms.
- Assist with the preparation for the annual audit; pulling documents, confirmation letters, etc.
- Assist with other client services as outlined in the engagement letter and proposal submitted to the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- A service mentality to non-finance departments
- Basic understanding of accounting debits and credits
- Ability to work independently on client assignments
- Strong time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with non-profit organizations. CPA or CPA candidate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. Accounting software experience, especially with Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, QuickBooks, and Peachtree is desired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in this position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract. Han Group is an at-will employer.