Our Managed Accounting Services Senior Accountant will be responsible for collecting, reconciling and summarizing accounting information, and entering data into different accounting software. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for the month-end close process, financial reporting, and the supervision of the Staff Accountant. The work is performed either at Han Group offices (remote) or at the clients’ site, which are in the Washington DC Metropolitan area.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the accounting operations within the organization. Obtain a working knowledge of accounting software packages. Perform month-end close process. Prepare monthly bank and /or investment account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed assets schedule.
- Prepare various general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements for the client by the agreed upon deadline.
- Train and oversee Staff assigned to the engagements.
- Review the daily data entry by the accounting staff to ensure accurate posting in the accounting package.
- Oversee timely mailing of outstanding receivable invoices to debtors.
- Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies and procedures, established by the client.
- Preparation of audit schedules, confirmation letters, etc.
- Assist with responding to auditor inquiries.
- BS or advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 2 – 3 years of public or private accounting experience
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Intacct experience preferred
- Experience in performing or assisting in month-end closing
- Ability to meet deadlines and take ownership of work
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management