The Senior Auditor works closely with Partners, Managers, Staff, and clients to facilitate completion of engagements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and train Staff Auditors.
- Assume responsibility for performing and completing audit engagements for review by engagement Manager or Partner.
- Test and document complex audit areas and review workpapers prepared by Staff Auditors.
- Prepare a list of questions and issues to address with Manager or Partner during audit fieldwork.
- Perform wrap up tasks after audit fieldwork to include finalizing workpapers and preparing financial statements and related audit letters for presentation to engagement Manager or Partner for review.
- Review Form 990, 990-T and state return as prepared by Staff Auditor.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least two years of experience in public accounting performing audit engagements.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting
- Nonprofit audit/accounting experience preferred
- CPA Certification or 150 credits for eligibility to sit for the CPA exam and actively seeking a CPA certification
- Must be well-versed in relevant computer accounting programs
- Strong time management, organizational abilities, attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on assignments and address issues or questions with engagement Manager or Partner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a punctual individual who has excellent analytical skills