The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the client month-end close process and the supervision of the Staff and Senior Staff Accountant to ensure proper internal controls over client assets, timely collection of receivables and payment of obligations, preparation of timely and accurate internal financial statements.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the accounting operations within the organization. Obtain a working knowledge of accounting software packages. Perform month-end close process. Prepare monthly bank and /or investment account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed assets schedule.
- Prepare various general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements for the client by the agreed upon deadline. Accounting Manager/Supervisor must review and approve before submission to client.
- Train and oversee Staff assigned to the engagements.
- Review the daily data entry by the accounting staff to ensure accurate posting in the accounting package.
- Oversee timely mailing of outstanding receivable invoices to debtors.
- Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies and procedures, established by the client.
- Preparation of audit schedules, confirmation letters, etc.
- Assist with responding to auditor inquiries.
- Perform client services as outlined in the engagement letter and proposal submitted to the client.
- BS or advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 2 – 3 years of public or private accounting experience
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Experience in performing or assisting in month-end closing
- Ability to meet deadlines and take ownership of work
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management